Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Source of Dissapointment

Yep. That's you.

Ok, that was harsh but I was hoping for at least a little love in my comments. I am dealing with some SERIOUS UTILITY RELATED STRESS here people!

Still no phone service. Which means no internet, or cable service either.

AND (yes, there is more)

I woke up to no water. I don't even have a phone to call the water company with! (ok, my cell phone is still working but it is the principle of the thing!) The water company was on the street dealing with the issue within an hour of the water main break on our side of the street. I can't say that the same is true for our phone company. Argh.

So where is the love people. I truely thought I would have readers who were even a little disapointed in my absence. I guess I am wrong. I'll just go live in my van, down by the river.

Ok, for a glass 1/2 full moment: It could be worse. If we didn't have power then we would be hot and we would loose our refridgerated food which would be very costly. Not having water isn't too bad. The only down fall is that my hair looks like crizap today and you might not want to stand so close. (I think my students understood.)

Jodie posted her weekend challenge and although delayed, I promise to do the same. I have some pretty good ones I think. Although I am not nearly as brave as Jodie. Showing your belly 6 wks post-pardum takes guts. (no pun intended) and 15 months later, I am still not nearly brave enough.

mg

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, I was bitter at Jodie's 6 week belly because my 80-something week belly is bigger than hers. Shut up, Jodie.

I was about to accuse you of failing to pay your utility bills, or of being a hostage-taker who was neglecting to mention that you had a SWAT team outside your door that might have something to do with the loss of utilities.

Michelle said...

Wow...lack of internet, cable, phones and water sure makes you testy!

In order to cheer you up, I have news--I'm pregnant! Maybe it's time for me to get a blog...

Elliot said...

Hey, you know, some of us just checked our Google Reader just now and got both your posts at once.

I am sorry you have no utilities. I'd say you could head over to my house, but then you'd have to deal with the attack cat. I guess you're over at the 'rents using their internet still? Hmm. I will be there later today (I have to wait for the wife to get off work, I'm picking her up at the MetroLink station).

I am, however, very glad to hear you still have electricity. Mostly because being without a/c in this heat is nasty, but also because your cat stops eating and needs medical attention when she gets to hot. And, also, because you still have my ice cream in your freezer.

Jodie Allen said...

listen ladies, i swear that although i didn't photoshop a thing that photo makes me look thinner than i actually am. you saw me in person maureen! you know how i really look! :)

and i would die right now without this computer and my window into the world so i feel for you. bring your laptop over for a playdate and some free internet hogging anytime!

Mystic Thistle said...

Oh crap! This sucks. The last time we were out of power because of the storms this summer I got really depressed. Little house on the Prairie Life is only fun TO A POINT and then it is really awful. I adore & bow down to electricity because motherhood is harder without it. Don't go to that van down by the river! Hang in there! We're rooting for you, Maureen!

RPS said...

I remember losing power in st.louis after a winter storm, brrrr, that was no fun. Here's to a better finish to the week!