Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!


Happy Independence Day everyone!

This is by far my favorite holiday of the year. I love the parades, the barbecue, the friends, the family and best of all, the fire works! This holiday has all of the fun but none of the responsibility of Christmas. I don't have to buy presents or make time to see all 100+ of my various family members across the city. (Which is more complicated when you get married and then even more complicated when you add kids into the mix!) The Fourth of July is sunshine, beer, swimming parties and did I mention fireworks! What is better than that?

Madeline and I went to the parade in WG this morning with Uncle Bryan and Beth. I will post photos tomorrow when I have time to download. She looked so cute in the onesie and hair clip I made her for the occasion. She didn't quite get the concept of parade. But she did chase after every dog or minature pony screaming "AHLA! AHLA! AHLA!" (That is "Olive" for any of you who don't yet speak Madeline. Olive is our cat and every animal is an "Olive" to her.)

Tonight Madeline heads to Grandma and Grandpa's for a sleepover so Kevin and I can watch fireworks with Scott and Becky and then stay up too late swimming in Mrs. P's pool and playing Rock Band. Have I mentioned how much fun it has been to have them home from HI?!?!

We are off to our second barbecue of the day this time at Becky's mom and dad's first. Did I mention that I love this holiday?!?!?


mg

No comments: