Tuesday, September 09, 2008

EMHE: Parts 4 & 5

Sunday, September 7th

I stopped by the house at about 7:15am before heading to work at my other part time job. (yep, working two jobs. I'm crazy.)

I found a house. It is amazing to think that just 24 hours before the "house" was just a whole with foundation forms still on. This is like two weeks of real life work crammed into 24 hours.

It looks like a house!

Crew change. This is the night crew heading home at about 7:15am.

They only had a small section of the roof to finish Sunday morning.


Monday, September 8th

I stopped by in the morning during our walk, then we went when Kevin got home from work. They have done all of the stone masonry on the exterior of the house and are starting to put the porch on. I was impressed that the walls inside were painted, and there are built-in book shelves, and a stone fireplace inside already. You can't really see too much inside, but they are amazingly fast.
It looks like a home!

I find this sign all well and good, but we haven't seen a designer in at least two days.

There is so much going on at the site. There are constantly people coming in and out of the house and there are trucks pulling up and bobcats leveling gravel. (I would love to know how many tons of gravel they used for this job, b/c every time I have been there more gravel has shown up. It is quite amazing really.

Madeline was ready for bed time. Isn't she cute?!?!

mg

No comments: