Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Balloons

I am trying to catch up with some back logged photos. So the next few posts are a little dated.

I have always wanted to go to the Great Forest Park [hot air] balloon race's balloon glow. The night before the race they fill the balloons and light them with the gas burners usually meant to float them. Until this year there was always a reason I couldn't go. (Mainly that reason was forgetfulness.)

This year Kev and I found a sitter [aka. my parents] and headed to FoPo.

September 19-The organizers blow a huge horn about every 2 or 3 minutes so that all the balloons light at the same time. It is so much prettier in person. (That dark spot is a black balloon... not as pretty as the more colorful ones.)

My two favorite balloons:



I think we will go again. Next time I want to pack a picnic dinner so we can see them blow the balloons up. Very cool. I love StL.

mg

No comments: