Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Get out the safety gates

I got an e-mail from a very dear friend who's son is beginning to be mobile. She wanted to know if I had any quick baby proofing ideas, or tips on what to look out for when your babies start exploring their world.



As you can see, I don't know that I am going to be much help to her. I let my darling daughter wander after the cat, towards the un-gated stairs. If it makes anyone feel better, it looks a lot worse on film. She was still about a foot and a half from the top stair.

And isn't it cute how she whispers a question after the cat has disappeared into the basement. Like, "where did you go and why did you go without me?"

Yet another example of how utterly adorable our little girl is.

mg

3 comments:

bridget said...

your greatgrandma (the original MA) would put her kids in a play pen until they were 5...and then again, she also suggested pinning them to their mattress through their pajamas so they couldn't get out of bed! how's that for tips?

Molly said...

Don't make me hotline you!

mGk said...

I must have a little bit of Ma in me. Not that I have pinned her to the sheets... but am have been known to be *safely* resourceful when dealing with my ever curious toddler!

Hotline-smotline!