Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dr. Acula, I mean Olivia.

We are home again after our very first family road trip. If you remember Madeline and I made one previous adventure into Central Missouri. This time Kevin went with us and we went with a very serious purpose. To see Auntie Olivia graduate with her MD!!!! Yes, you heard me right, Olivia is now a Doctor. I have photographic proof. (That and she has the diploma and the $200K in debt to prove it!)

Madeline catches a snooze in the car on the way to the festivities. She wanted to make sure she was well rested for the party!

Olivia, very smart and beautiful, but not (yet) a Doctor.

Very far away, but still smart and beautiful... but this time... A DOCTOR!!!!!

Olivia, M.D.!

The Doctor makes fun of me for being a "mama-rotsi"
So, we have taken over 7,000 photos of our daugther this year.... so what?!?

Madeline celebrating the day with the Doctor.

Olivia, M.D., Maureen, and Madeline

The Doctor takes some time to strike the warrior pose in celebration of this victory!

So congratulations Dr. Olivia*. We love you more than we can say and I for one couldn't be any prouder of your accomplishment. Your hard work, sweat, tears, anger, joy, happiness, thousands of yoga classes, bike rides just to get out of the house, miles run, bottles of wine consumed, trips to Main Squeeze, bubble tea runs, and bags of Newman-Os have paid off. You are now a MD! (Now, can you take a look at this rash on my back?)

A huge thanks goes out to Shannon and Chris too for letting us crash at your place Saturday night. You rock out in so many different ways! We love you!

*I know that is not what your patients will call you but I try to refrain from using last names on this blog.

mg

1 comment:

Molly said...

I am in SHOCK! SHOCK I tell you! Olivia?? In LIPSTICK???? Somebody pinch me... or defibrillate me. Who IS that person in the picture? No kidding... I'm practically* speechless.

*all who know me knows I am never totally speechless. :)