Monday, November 17, 2008

what the...

Madeline is down to one nap a day. (unless she is at Doodlebugs, then she still takes two, but I digress.) I try to have her nap in the afternoon. It works best with our schedule. Today however, at 10:45am Madeline and I had the following conversation:

Maddy: Momma, nigh nigh.
Me: Madeline, do you want to go to bed.
Maddy: Yesss. Mad-line bed.
Me: are you sure?
Maddy: Yessssss.

So I changed her dipe, read her a book and put her down. She slept for 3 hours.

*******

Now, fast forward to 4pm, only two hours and 15 min since she woke up from this 3 hour nap.

Maddy: Nigh nigh.
Me: You can't really want to nap again can you?
Maddy: Nigh nigh.
Me: You want to get in bed with Grover and Kiki?
Maddy: kiki! go-vie!
Me: Ok.

So I made sure she was dry, put her in bed, and I haven't heard a peep from her since. I think I am living in the twilight zone. My big hope is that this doesn't mean she is sick. She isn't acting sick... but you know how that goes. One minute fine, the next minute pukie, pukie...

For now I am creeping around the house trying to be quiet!

mg

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! When I read your first line -- that she's down to one nap -- I was going to tell you that my kids have done 2-1 naps and 1-0 naps in stages, going back and forth, so you shouldn't give up hope on the 2nd nap.

What a good girl that she can tell you when she's ready to lay down!

Profbaugh said...

All I can say is, "Cheryl nighty, night, too!"

Sarah said...

Oh I hope she isn't getting sick either. ;( That is lots of sleep. Lets just hope she is growing.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness. My girls must be so far behind in the language department! You're having conversations with your daughter?! My 18 m/o girls are still speaking martian! :)