Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dentistry?

Christy commented on the shirt my brother was wearing in the previous post so I have to tell you all the story behind it. Then you will understand why I love my family and my brother so much.

First go back, way back, to this post and read the comment under the photo I originally posted of my brother wearing this shirt. (The shirt was my Christmas gift to him so that is why he is wearing it over his other clothing.)

Welcome back. What took you so long? And did you see how little Madeline was!?!?! AWE!

So the story:

Many many years ago, before most people had computers in their homes, we were at a close family friend's house for a party. These friends had a computer. It played games like number munchers and of course, Oregon Trail. Elliot, who was about 7 or 8 at the time, was in the play room on the computer playing the wondrous game. His wagon was fully loaded. He had successfully forded the river, twice! He had only lost one ox and 3 pounds of food. He was cruising right along.

At some point he came out into the living room where all the adults were hanging out and asked, "Mom, what's dentistry?" She explained what dentistry was and then he went back to the play room. About 5 minutes later he came back into the living room looking a little paler than normal. "I just died of dentistry. I didn't know you could die by going to the dentist?!?!"

At that point my mom went back into the playroom and saw the computer screen.
"Elliot has died of dysentary."

This story always makes my family laugh and when I saw that shirt I had to get it for him. I don't know how happy he is that I told that story to the world but I hope he thinks it's funny too. I am sure he will. Right Buddy?

mg

4 comments:

Elliot said...

As soon as I come up with an embarassing story to tell about you, it's going up on my blog.

It's coming.

Molly said...

I can't wait for that one! hahaha... here are some suggestions: Maureen hopping through the living room with her hot pink sleeping bag over her head (and body) saying "Look at me, I'm a hot dog!". This resulted in a broken glass end table. Umm... another one... umm... face it El, you are the king of embarrasing stories in our house. I won't go into detail here, but I smile just remembering. :)

mGk said...

Gyne lotrimin!

You are the king.

Mystic Thistle said...

ha! Don't you love it when you find the perfect gift that is an inside joke for someone you love? I used to love that game.

Your blog made me happy today. I love your family picture above and the one where your husband pretends to be a baby!