Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Tuesday Ten, vol. XII

Week of sickness edition

-1-
Last Monday Lydia was seen by the doctor and started on a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection.

-2-
Tuesday I was ready to say we are all better. The sky was rosy. All was well.

-3-
Wednesday I ended the day with a sore throat but blamed it on the fact that I taught my first class since before Christmas and talked almost non-stop for four hours. I was wrong.

-4-
Thursday I feel pretty crappy. It was St. Patrick's day and I wanted to head to the parade but decided to go for a walk and then rest in the afternoon hoping my throat would feel better. Then when I picked Madeline up from school I noticed she had junk in her eye and it was red.

-5-
Back to the Dr for the second time that week to have her diagnosed with... pink eye. When I asked if this was the same eye problem Lydia had the Dr explained that it was, to which I told him that I was seriously upset that he wasn't clear about this earlier in the week because who knows who we may have exposed that too... ugh.

-6-
Have you ever tried to put eye drops in a 3 1/2 year old's eyes? My 3 1/2 year old makes noises that might lead you to believe she was being tortured. I guess you could argue that it was torture. I know she would.

-7-
Friday, I am still feeling cruddy, but I decide I don't feel bad enough to go to the doctor. I'll just ride it out. Famous last words. I end up at a Walgreen's Clinic Saturday morning because I feel like heck. My diagnosis, a virus that will run its course in 7-10 days.

-8-
I feel worse every hour for the next two days only made worse by a stomach bug that is seriously unpleasant. Oh, and Kevin starts with a sore throat on Saturday. Sunday night the girlies spent the night at my in-laws. I slept horribly and didn't even get out of bed until 10am. Madeline and Lydia came home happy and super tired. By bedtime Madeline had a little cough and Lydia was running a fever and had broken out in a rash and low and behold... her pink eye is back.

-9-
Do you know what is worse than giving eye drops to a 3 1/2 year old? Giving eye drops to a 1 1/2 year old.

-10-
Today, Madeline is doing fine. Lydia's fever is hanging tough but she seems mostly unaffected by it. I am feeling better, not awesome, but better. And Kevin, well he's in it for the long haul.

My words of wisdom for the week: don't visit without a face mask and hand sanitizer. Deep cleaning will commence as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

can't believe you posted during all of that! You are a blogging champ--or at least a champ compared to your slacker friends. xoxo

Unknown said...

Hope you all are feeling better.