Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Tuesday Ten, vol. IX


10 things I ♥ about Madeline

-1-
When she smiles at me like the photo above I just can't say no to her. Please don't tell her that. She would use it against me.

-2-
I love the way she "coughs" and "sneezes" to get sympathy, gain attention and, I think, relieve stress in new situations.

-3-
I love how helpful and loving she has become with her sister.

-4-
I love when she blows kisses to me at bed time. There are always four. One for my cheek, and three to put in my pocket for Kevin, Lydia and Olive.

-5-
She loves to cook just like her momma.

-6-
I love the way she says "Wydia." It melts my heart and I am savoring that little speech snafu because I know one day we'll wake up and it will be gone along with the last little traces of my little baby girl.

-7-
Madeline makes up songs to narrate her day. Just today I heard her making up a song about cleaning up the blocks in the playroom. They were being bad and she was sending them to their "room."

-8-
"I know just what to do!" is her favorite phrase.

-9-
She is teaching me patience. I lesson I desperately need and am still working to master. My guess is she will continue this lesson for years to come.

-10-
I love the way she laughs at her own jokes. They are the worst jokes I've ever heard but she thinks they are the funniest bits of language ever.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the photo!

Adrienne said...

Michelle beat me to it. Cuteness personified. What a sweet mommy you are. Love the list.

Molly said...

I love all those things about Maddy, too. :)