Monday, August 11, 2008

Dinner with my 'first' family

A long time ago in a land far far away I worked as a nanny.

Ok, so it wasn't that long ago, or very far away, but from where I am in my life now compared to where I was when I was nannying it seems like it! This weekend Kevin, Madeline and I had dinner with the family I nannied for. They are an amazing family and I don't get to see them nearly enough.

Madeline got some serious swag too! They got her the coolest toys as a late birthday present!
Sophie, 8, is in the blue shirt and Molly, 15, is just to the left of me.

Sophia was just 2 months old when I started nannying for her. It is amazing to see how much she has grown up! I call her my practice baby. I think she turned out pretty good, but I can't take all the credit of course!

Sophia was so sweet to Madeline. She watched over her all night long and kept her entertained. She is going to be an excellent babysitter in the very near future!

Sorry about the wide shot of my backside but I wanted to make sure to get a photo of Kiki on here too. (Somehow this is the only one we got... she is on my right.) Kiki was 4 and in preschool when I started watching her and now she is an almost 13 year old young woman! For some reason I see the change in her to be a lot more dramatic. I guess when I stopped watching them Molly was already on her way to being a teenager, and Sophia is still a kid in many ways, but in the time I have been gone Kiki has gone from a kid to a teenager. That change seems really very dramatic to me! She is a beautiful young woman... (as they all are) but it is amazing to see how much she has grown!

Thank you my 'first' family for a wonderful evening! We love and miss you!

mg

4 comments:

Molly said...

Your "first" family, eh? What do you call me, Dad & El... chopped liver!?

Mystic Thistle said...

Neat! You're kind of part of who they are now! I do that too, I see kids I used to babysit grown up and it's so hard to believe!

mGk said...

I don't mean my first family I lived in... I mean the first family I raised! I could never forget my actual family. The scars are much too deep to forget.

Molly said...

Well, that one came back to bite me in the bum. Thanks kid.