Saturday, July 10, 2010

Memphis

Three weeks ago Kevin and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. For the first time since Madeline was born we left our children and took a few days to ourselves.

It was awesome.

We headed to Memphis, Tennessee and

We ate BBQ in the basement of a building you can only get to through an alley.

We took a nap in our totally awesome hotel room. I never thought I wanted a king size bed... I might be changing my mind.

We spent the evening at the ball game.

There was a bit of rain, but the night was saved by the rainbow afterward.

It was a very low key and amazing weekend. The girls spent the time with Kevin's parents and I am almost positive they had as good a time as we did.

When we got home I expected Lydia to be a little clingy, but was totally unprepared for her reaction. At first she was surprised and then she was confused. I took her into a quite room to nurse, figuring we both would need that moment together, and she nursed well. Then we headed back to play with dad, Madeline and the grandparents. She then spent the next 30 minutes eyeballing me nervously. She would crawl away and once she realized she was more than an arm's reach away from me she would cry like I had abandoned her all over again. She wanted nothing more than to be with me, but she wanted to play with toys too. She recovered very quickly and by dinner time (about an hour later) she was doing much better and even let me go to the bathroom without her.

Madeline was not phased and probably could have spent two more days before she knew we were gone...

mg

1 comment:

Molly said...

Don't kid yourself... Maddy missed you as much as Lydia did. I know it.