Monday, July 05, 2010

July 3rd

So this holiday was weird. Not only was I missing my friends, but because it was on Sunday the festivities were spread out over two days. This is one case where I am going to say two is not better than one.

So the 4th of July parade was on the 3rd of July. We still had fun. The weather was perfect.


Although blurry I feel it necessary to post this photo of Lydia before we left for the parade all decked in her red, white and blue because she has been sadly absent from my posts in the last month. I am going to have to make it up to her. How can you not fall in love with that face? I mean come on!

Waiting for the start of the parade with Maw Maw.

The fire engine started off the parade and Madeline was not too keen on the noise.

She did however love chilling between Uncle Bryan and daddy in the back of the car.

I feel like I must have just told her she couldn't have a pony. Look at that face. And the posture... if I didn't know any better I'd say she is 8 months going on 13 years.



Madeline was most looking forward to the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales, but not for the horses, but for the puppy that rides on top. Totally her favorite part.

My favorite part is usually the marching band. That's about all I have to say about that. (Except that the drummer right in the middle of the frame is one of my dad's drum students and I've known him since he was 11 and he all grown up and I loved seeing him!)

Madeline took her turn on Maw Maw's lap taking in the sights with Jane.

Before I knew it, the parade was over and Lydia was sleeping in the sling.

mg

2 comments:

Elliot said...

I was thinking, "Orange drums? But they just got new drums not that long ago! Like, my junior year of high school!" And then my other inner voice said, "So, you mean...ten years ago?"

Oh yeah. That was kind of a long time ago, if we're talking marching equipment...

Adrienne said...

Cute pictures - especially of Miss Lydia!

Lyons last year celebrated their 125th anniversary. This year the parade was MUCH shorter. No horses this year. Also, I think our entire marching band (which does parade only marching) is the size of Webster Groves' drumline! There were plenty of firetrucks and tractors which Alexander thought was most wonderful!

Elliot - yeah, it is sometimes startling to realize how much time has passed from certain things. (And I'm older than you!)