Thursday, September 16, 2010

Too much


random Lydia photo to please the masses (or the 4 of you)

I have too much going on.

I need a second set of arms.

No, you know what I need? I wife.

Many moons ago, when I was paying my way through school and working 35+ hours a week as a nanny the mom once referred to me as "her wife." I thought that was very fitting. I cooked, I cleaned, I did all of the laundry and I cared for the children. I was, for all intents and totally gender stereotypical purposes, her wife.

There is a new TV show staring on TLC called Sister Wives. THAT IS TOTALLY NOT WHAT i AM TALKING ABOUT HERE!!!! Although I haven't seen the show, and I have no desire to really, I am talking about someone in the house to do all the stuff I am not so good at.

Case(s) in point:

1. The last load of laundry is in the drier. It has been there for over 24 hours.

2. My dishwasher is full of dishes. They are dirty. I probably won't go back downstairs to run it tonight. Which means that after breakfast tomorrow I will have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes AND a sink full of dirty dishes.

3. We went out of town last weekend and although we've been home for 4 days, I still haven't unpacked my suit case.

4. There is very little visible counter space in the upstairs bathroom. Most of the junk is mine.

5. Our floors are kinda gross. By kinda I mean really.

So who wants to come be my wife? Anybody? I'll pay you in banana bread, Madeline hugs and Lydia kisses. Anybody?

mg

1 comment:

Molly said...

I see people are clamoring to sign up. I always wanted a wife, too. I'm still waiting....