A Week of Thanks- Part I
Both my parents and my in laws deserve a huge Thanks from Kevin and I. Over the past 5 weeks (can you believe Lydia is 5 weeks old!?!?!) they have been a tremendous help in thousands of ways.
To list just a few:
- All of them have watched Madeline at one time or another so I could, have a baby (thanks to Bruce and Sue for watching Madeline for three days while we were in the hospital with Lydia)/nap/shower/grocery shop/maintain my sanity/etc.
- They have fed us. I have cooked a total of five dinners in the last 5 weeks. Awesome. (Some of this is because of the kindness of friends too, but that is a different day of thanks...)
- They have talked me back from my ledge. Having two children is stressful and I have to thank my mother in particular for always taking my phone calls and having the uncanny ability to talk me down from my craziness. (most of the time...)
- They make us laugh which we need right now, second only to more sleep!
- They love both our girls passionately. When Madeline walks into either of their houses, their faces light up, and I know how special that makes Madeline feel. They are all giving our girls the greatest gift a grandparent can give, and that is the knowledge that they are special and that they are loved. Amazing.