Monday, November 23, 2009

They raised us better

There are a million people in the blogging world who are posting a week of Thanks. One thing they are thankful for each day this week. Like most everyone, I feel I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. I wanted to share that here. Where better? So it may not be my original idea, but I am running with it.

A Week of Thanks- Part I
Our Parents
Both my parents and my in laws deserve a huge Thanks from Kevin and I. Over the past 5 weeks (can you believe Lydia is 5 weeks old!?!?!) they have been a tremendous help in thousands of ways.

To list just a few:
  • All of them have watched Madeline at one time or another so I could, have a baby (thanks to Bruce and Sue for watching Madeline for three days while we were in the hospital with Lydia)/nap/shower/grocery shop/maintain my sanity/etc.
  • They have fed us. I have cooked a total of five dinners in the last 5 weeks. Awesome. (Some of this is because of the kindness of friends too, but that is a different day of thanks...)
  • They have talked me back from my ledge. Having two children is stressful and I have to thank my mother in particular for always taking my phone calls and having the uncanny ability to talk me down from my craziness. (most of the time...)
  • They make us laugh which we need right now, second only to more sleep!
Most importantly
  • They love both our girls passionately. When Madeline walks into either of their houses, their faces light up, and I know how special that makes Madeline feel. They are all giving our girls the greatest gift a grandparent can give, and that is the knowledge that they are special and that they are loved. Amazing.
So thank you Granny, Poppy, Maw Maw and Paw Paw. We love you.

mg

2 comments:

Molly said...

aww... you're welcome. Now I feel special. :)

notawritersfather said...

awww. (sniff!;)