Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Because without them, we'd be loosers

Let it be known that I am not feeling particularly clever, or literate for that matter, tonight. Bare with me.

Week of Thanks- Part II
Our Friends*

Not only do our friends make me less of a looser, but they help me keep my sanity. My friends in no particular order:
  • have talked me down from emotional hysterics
  • fought to protect me, you and our entire nation
  • cooked us dinner (and it was yummy too)
  • known me longer and better than most people, except my family members
  • reassured me that my child was 'normal' (especially when it comes to speech and language!)
  • Helped me become a better person, a better mother and a better wife (honest you did.)
So thank you to my friends. This lame-o list is in no way comprehensive... there is sooo much more that you do to make me thankful. You rock.

**********
*One of my best friends in the entire world, and one of the few people who I can be totally honest with, no matter the situation, is my brother. He married a lovely woman, Kathy who is also very dear to me. Then there is Kevin's brother and our sister in law Beth who are hilarious and wonderful in their own ways. I mention this here, because although they are technically family, they are some of the best friends I could ask for. Even if I wasn't stuck with them, I choose them as my friends.

mg

2 comments:

Elliot said...

Not gonna lie, getting a little ferklempt.

Adrienne said...

Actually, I would not call Madeline's speech & language "normal". Sorry. I would refer to her as "above normal" or "verbally proficient". That's my professional two cents.