Friday, March 28, 2008

The Very Short List

I subscribe to a daily e-mail from The Very Short List. It is where I have found The Daily Monster and Garfield Minus Garfield links that are on the right side of this page. (I love love love the Garfield Minus Garfield, it is hilarious and I find so much truth in the humor. Does that mean I am a sad lot just like John? But, I digress.)

Below is a portion of yesterday's e-mail. Enjoy!

From The Very Short List:

It’s easy to miss what’s right in front of you if you’re paying attention to something else. This is usually funny when it comes to slapstick comedy (we’re looking at you, banana peel) but can be seriously tragic when the person who’s distracted is driving. “Test Your Awareness,” a new PSA from Transport for London’s campaign for cycling safety, turns the fact that we can all miss seeing the obvious into a clever perception test that could double as an absurdist comedy--art happening.

The spot asks you to count the number of passes a group of basketball players makes to one another, but pay close attention: It’s harder than it sounds. We can’t tell you any more, but if you’re like us, you’ll probably have to watch it twice.

Click here to take the test.

2 comments:

Molly said...

That was great! And no, I didn't see the "MWB"*.

*I don't want to give it away completely... I did get the number of passes correct and felt very self righteous... until.....

bridget said...

i, too, got the passes right...and it fell apart after that! b.