Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ain't I cute!


It is hard to believe that it has been six weeks since our little girl joined our family! She can hardly believe it either!

She has gone from a sleepy little newborn to a fully animated little baby girl in the last two weeks or so. She actually rolled over from her tummy to her back about a week and a half ago! I could hardly believe it and we have yet to see a repeat performance... but we will be patient! She is cooing more than she is crying and her smiles are much more purposeful then they were before. She watches people as they walk away from her and she stares at her play gym toys or the mobile on her swing. She is amazing.

I am having a hard time thinking that I have to go back to work in just two weeks. I don't want to leave my little girl just as she is coming into her own and changing so much everyday. What if I leave her with my mother-in-law and when I pick her up she is a toddler already? Ok, I must be realistic, but I do worry that time will continue to fly by and I will miss out on so much of her very young life.

Ask any mother. Ask my mother. I am sure she will tell you that although I was born 27 years ago it seems like just yesterday that I was cooing and rolling over for the first time. I know my mom went back to work too...as many mothers do after their babies are born. But I am sure they struggle with it.

I am just getting to know this little girl. How can I leave her for 9+ hours a day?

Norway has it right: Moms get a full year off and dads get up to two months. FMLA sucks.

3 comments:

bridget said...

personally, i wouldn't mind coming home to a toddler...just so you don't come home to a surly teen!!!

THE MURDER HOUR said...

Ah yes! In time, that will happen too!
PS She is cute!!!!!!

Molly said...

I can't look at this picture of you without just laughing out loud. So far my favorite picture by far. Thanks for that, little one. You have no idea how you've touched my soul... but you will!

Lotsa Love,

Your Granny