Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Madeline is 4, part 1

So over a month ago Madeline turned four. Yeah, I'm behind. Like very very very behind. Don't remind me.

So although I never intended it this way it seems we have a tradition of going to the zoo to celebrate Madeline's birthday! This is the third year in a row we've spend her birthday at the zoo with friends. (Read about her second and third birthdays by clicking on the links.)

We started the day on the carousel. I should have cropped these photos better than I did, but click on it to see her HUGE smile a little better.

And did you see Lydia's terrified expression? I'll wait while you go back to look.

Totally worth a second look huh? Comedy gold I tell ya!

And because I am posting this way after the fact but just a few days after father's day I wanted to post this photo because if that expression isn't the look of love I don't know what is.

Good God I love that man!

Back to the zoo....

As soon as I snapped this photo I remembered a similar photo I took almost three years earlier. This girl needs to stop growing up so fast. Stop it I tell ya!

Although Madeline loved the zoo animals there was one person who really made her day:

This is Scott, Kevin's best friend and Madeline's birthday buddy. He and his wife and brand new baby girl (eep!) just happen to be in town for Madeline's birthday (which also happens to be Scott's birthday). This might just be one of my favorite photos of Madeline ever. She and Scott have a very special bond and the love and admiration is mutual.

A huge thank you to Anna, Madeline and Cullen and Scott, Becky and Eliza for joining us in celebration of Madeline's 4th birthday! It was a great day and I am so glad she got to share part of it with you!


No comments: