Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Motherly guilt

Are my children making me feel guilty you ask? Absolutely not (yet).

My main source of guilt is my mother*.

I don't have much time for this blog. That is upsetting to me, but with two kiddos I don't have a lot of free time in my day. Once the girlies are in bed** I have just enough time to catch up on work around the house that didn't get done during the day and have a 5 minute conversation with Kevin before he falls asleep. (Can I mention that he gets up most days at 3:50am so I am in NO WAY upset when he falls asleep early at night...)

It has already been established that showering is one thing I have sacrificed to motherhood. This blog is another. Is spending time raising her grand daughters enough for my mother? No. She wants timely photographic proof. So prepare to be overloaded. Her latest request?

Funny photos of Lydia.

Dec 9- Lydia channels Uncle Fester.

Jan 5- what? Eventually I'll have to feed myself? No fair.

Jan 7- what chew talkin' 'bout Granny?

Jan 9

Jan 16

Jan 11- put em up... put em up!

Jan 20- could I be any cuter?

Jan 31

So Mom,

You're welcome. Now get off my case.

Love you.

M

__________
*I love my mother. A lot. Did I mention that before? I mean, A lot!

**which I don't want to jinx because they have both been going to bed at about the same time each night and I really am enjoying a little more of my night back for the first time in 6 months.***

*** do you remember that even before I had Lydia Madeline was like a jack in the box at bed time for months? Yep. Glad that happy fun time has come to an end.

mg

5 comments:

Gina said...

Your mom should just be happy that you let her read your blog. My mom has no idea what my blog address is! :)

Mystic Thistle said...

Sweet post. She is really charmingly cute and also just plain beautiful!

Molly said...

I am quite possibly the happiest Granny alive. Don't I have the best daughter EVER!!???

I do. I am happy. Thank you. There are so many good pictures here I'm just going to have to print them all.

Thanks girliecue!

Bridget said...

Wow...I swear that yesterday it was Madeline channeling Uncle Fester. I was going to question that, but today there's no question about it...it's Lydia!

RPS said...

LOVE those faces!!