Sunday, February 10, 2008

"in and out" day

Today is a very special day in our household. Today is what I have been calling "in and out" day. Madeline was born 40 weeks and three days ago. This is a milestone because this means that Maddy has been in our arms longer than she was in my belly! That's right folks. I carried our little pumello (the name we had for Madeline before we knew she was a Madeline) for 40 weeks and two days.

The last eighteen months have had ups and downs but I have to say that Madeline has been worth all the morning sickness, the swollen ankles, aching backs, labor pains (or at least those I remember...), sleepless nights, crying spells (both hers and mine), dirty diapers, nursing woes, and fits of boredom.

Happy "in and out" day Maddy!

To celebrate here are some photos of our adorable daughter!


Feb. 8- argh! She's a pirate!
On Friday Maddy was wearing one of her pirate onesies so we had to have a bandana to match.

Feb. 8- In this photo you can see her onesie better. "argh!"

Feb. 1- This is way back on the first, Maddy and I spent some time in the snow, and when we came inside I had to "peel" her out of her snow suit!

mg

1 comment:

Molly said...

Adorable! However, though, did you manage to keep the bandana on her? Wasn't she just itching to get it off her head??

I for one am soooo glad she's an "outtie" now. I loved her first as an "innie", but the "outtie" part is so much more fun!