Monday, May 07, 2007

Meet the new boss!

Madeline Opal was born at 9:49 Friday night. She was 6 lbs 14 oz and was 21 inches long. She's tall like her mom. It has been a long but wonderful few days in the hospital and now finally at home. Everyone told us that sleep would be scarce...I had no idea how right they were! Even sometimes when Maddy is asleep and we are both ready to pass out, we find ourselves getting lost in her and not sleeping while we can. She is so gorgeous that we can't take our eyes off of her.
Olive seems to be handling the change well so far. All she has really done is stare at Maddy with a look that says "what is this smelly thing screaming about?"




5 comments:

Michelle said...

Maureen:

Congratulations! Maddy is so beautiful. You and Kevin have been much on my thoughts lately and I wanted to let you know how happy I am for you. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Love,
Michelle Stock

Janine said...

Maureen, she's gorgeous! Congrats to the new Mommy and Daddy! We can't wait to meet you little Maddy!! :)
love,
Janine

Olivia said...

I'm so happy that my beautiful new "niece" is finally here! I can't wait to meet her in person and hold her and dode over her as she deserves. Congratulations Maureen and Kevin! You two have an absolutely beautiful little bundle:) See you soon...

Namaste,
O

THE MURDER HOUR said...

KevMo!
Beauty! She's a beauty! Can't wait till August to see those Big Feet!
Love,
Auntie Maine

Anonymous said...

I finally get to see the BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!! Maddy is soooo cute!!! Justin and I are trying to plan something before the end of the year to possibly get down or at least near to visit and see you two! Buuuuut with the way gas prices are...who actually knows. I love the pictures!!! Best of luck sleeping - but you have a great reason to not want to sleep. She is an angel.