I can't recall what we were making. I can however assure you of three things:
- It probably involved chocolate.
- They probably ate a lot of it.
- They totally made a mess of my kitchen.
Three things I love about this photo you may not have noticed:
- Lydia and Madeline are standing on the same chair.
- Madeline's chef's hat is down over one of her eyes because that is the only way it will stay on her head.
- Madeline is wearing a ballet leotard and skirt over her clothes but under her apron.
Three things you can't see but I know because I was there:
- Madeline and Lydia's aprons are from my childhood.
- One says "This sure beats the hell out of reality" but I always tell them it says "It sure is a good day to make (insert name of item we are baking that day)"
- The other says "Eat, Drink and Be Quiet". That one speaks for itself.