Saturday, October 22, 2011

Three things

I found this in my drafts folder from way back in the spring some time.





I can't recall what we were making.  I can however assure you of three things:
  1. It probably involved chocolate.
  2. They probably ate a lot of it.
  3. They totally made a mess of my kitchen.

Three things I love about this photo you may not have noticed:
  1. Lydia and Madeline are standing on the same chair.
  2. Madeline's chef's hat is down over one of her eyes because that is the only way it will stay on her head.
  3. Madeline is wearing a ballet leotard and skirt over her clothes but under her apron.

Three things you can't see but I know because I was there:
  1. Madeline and Lydia's aprons are from my childhood.
  2. One says "This sure beats the hell out of reality" but I always tell them it says "It sure is a good day to make (insert name of item we are baking that day)"
  3. The other says "Eat, Drink and Be Quiet".  That one speaks for itself.

No comments: