Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Holly-Jolly in July?

So today is July 25th, and KEZK is playing Christmas music all day long to promote a fundraiser for the St. Louis Area Food Bank. (Hunger isn't a seasonal problem don't you know!) Although I wasn't a huge Christmas fan, being married to a certified Christmas fanatic has changed my tune over the years. Kevin's excitement for the holiday season is truly contagious... and he is in the best mood he has been in at work in a very long time today. I think mainly because of the holiday tunes issuing from his radio.

So I am listening to the holiday melodys myself. All I can think about is how awesome this Christmas is going be now that we have Maddy. I know she won't know the difference, being only 7 months old in December, but I know that Kevin will be so much more excited this year. For the first time, ever, I can't wait until Christmas rolls around!

3 comments:

bridget said...

did you know that the term "christmas in july" originated in st louis in 1957? actually, i just learned this bit of trivia myself while attending a christmas in july workshop last week. (yes, elves don't get much of a break) i even met the woman who coined the phrase...seems she was a buyer for needlepoint kits at famous-barr and her numbers always were great around christmas, but fell off terribly in the summer months. she lamented "why can't we have christmas in july?" and decided to pitch the idea to her bosses. they thought it had potential so they gave her 2 windows on olive street to decorate with a christmas in july theme...and lo and behold, her numbers went up for the summer months! she is now 84 years old! just thought it was something a christmas fanatic would want to know!

THE MURDER HOUR said...

Who knows what one might learn on a blog? The elf really knows her stuff!
Yep, it's time to start your own traditions now that Maddy is here. It is fun!

Molly said...

I am blown away by this post and the comments. I'm not sure I can add anything to enhance it at all. Let me just say this... Maddy's gonna love Christmas at Grannys. Guaranteed! I'm looking forward to it, too!