Monday, November 05, 2007

Our 6 month old!

Madeline is officially six months old!!! Can you believe it? The last six months have flown past for us. It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital.

We had our six month check up at the doctor on Thursday. Madeline is officially 16 lbs. 9 oz. and 26 3/4 inches long. That means she is in the 90th percentile for height and in the 75th for weight. She is eating all kinds of yummy pureed foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, squash, peaches, bananas, apples and pears. She seems to like them all, so it is no wonder she is growing strong! Here are some photos from her 6 month celebration!


I'm half a year old!!! And darn cute too!!

Momma made me a 1/2 birthday cake. (Chocolate with vanilla icing!) I didn't get to have any this time but she says I can have some at my next Birthday party!
That is uncle Bryan in the background... I let him have my piece!

Mom, can't you see I'm busy at work!
(and yes, she is bent in half not laying on her tummy. Even if we put the toy closer, she still pushes it away and bends over!!!)

Look at me drinking out of a sippy cup! I'm so grown up!

Momma gave me a carrot stick to gum on. Let's just say I am not a fan and I will stick to the pureed version!


mg

3 comments:

Molly said...

I love the half BD cake! What a mom you are :) She just keeps getting better with time. Give her a little time (and a few teeth) and she'll be a fan of carrots. That picture is the best!

RPS said...

How time flies! We can't wait to see how big she is at christmas!

Elliot said...

You know you've set a precedent with that half a cake...and it will only get worse when you give her an entire cake for her first birthday. Come her second birthday, she will wonder why she only has one cake and not two...I mean, logically, if one gets half a cake for their .5 year birthday, and one cake for their one year birthday, then it must be obvious that you would receive two cakes on your second birthday. Which reminds me...you better get started on those 25 cakes for my birthday...not to mention all those cakes for our father's birthday...better put together a birthday cake team.

Well, acimyyo!